…in which the Meadowlark Flock is introduced
This is the Meadowlark Flock. They live near the Mississippi River Valley, in the crevice of a leaning Black Walnut Tree.
The old Black Walnut: the land rolls and rises to meet its gnarled trunk. A thick, bright blanket of furry green moss here; tall grasses, winter wheat, Columbine, and a Butterfly bush there; just beyond a stream lined with limestone rip-rap; and then the crick below.
A perfect home for the Meadowlarks, who consist of
- the patriarch: Nuthatch – a Red Breasted Nuthatch
- the matriarch: Titmouse – a Tufted Titmouse
- the eldest offspring: Master Sterling – a headstrong Bobwhite Quail
- the middle offspring: Princess Poppy – a Chickadee with fashion
- the youngest offspring: Baby Tilly – a Chickadee with quiet sense
*They also have one peculiar pet: Mr. Jack London – a furry dust bunny.
The Meadowlarks share their stories with me, the writer — Suzy.
To reach either of us:
Bliss o Birds by https://blissobirds.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.